Chủ Nhật, 23 tháng 10, 2011

Get your PC ready for Battlefield 3

There aren’t many game launches which get people looking at their PC and wondering if it’s powerful enough. But the seemingly high system specs of Battlefield 3 have got a lot of us suddenly concerned about the state of our hardware.

With just one weekend to go until it’s released, it’s time to face the question: do you need to upgrade for Battlefield 3?

Confession time: I didn’t get enough hands on time with the beta to do reliable benchmarking, but since there’s a day one patch and new graphics drivers already confirmed, even if I had it wouldn’t mean much. If you do want to see a very thorough analysis of graphics card performance in the beta, though, I can recommend Ryan from PC Perspective‘s work comparing 10 different chips at a range of settings here.

What I can say is that I think a lot of concerns will turn out unfounded. It ran flawlessly at Ultra settings on my generation old Radeon HD5870 from 2009. That was backed up by an embarrassingly good CPU, mind you.

Then again, perhaps I’m in the minority in thinking that. According to a report on IGN a couple of days ago, Battlefield 3 has already resulted in $1bn of PC sales and upgrades in the last year. I’m a little sceptical about that figure – NVIDIA’s last three month sales figure are good, but only $100m more in GPUs than last year.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét